Our computer generated images decorate several covers of software packages and books, and have been presented in numerous exhibitions at universities, museums, and other places around the world.
You may use our images and animations in talks and publications for free for non-commercial purposes when citing MO-Labs.com.
Our most recent addition to this image/film section are our illustrations to David Rowe’s 2016 article on relativistic cosmology:
Most of our images are not included in this web-presentation yet. Please follow the links below to see some more. If you are interested in high quality prints of some of our images, or if you need and image of film you cannot find at all, feel free to contact us.
- Oliver Labs at Deutsche Museum: Two of our pictures are part of the permanent collection of the Deutsche Museum at Munich, Germany. They are displayed in the so-called mathematical cabinet of the museum.
- Oliver Labs at Imaginary: An Exhibition on the Beauty of Mathematics. To get and impression of the more than 50 exhibitions all around the world, visit the Imaginary website.
- DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, i.e. German Research Society): One of our images is one of the pages in the 2008 DFG calendar, and another one is the image on the official 2010 DFG Christmas Greetings card.
- Some Springer book covers: Algebra, Geometry, and Software Systems, Algebraic Geometry and Geometric Modeling.
- SuSE Linux Software Package covers by Oliver Labs.
- Hypersurfaces with Many Singularities (PDF), Ph.D. Thesis by Oliver Labs.
Here are some of our own websites which present computer generated math images and math films:
- Here is our “blowup in a point” video from our 2006 advent calendar which we produced in collaboration with H.-C. G.v.Bothmer:
All these advent calendar videos are on youtube.
- cubics.AlgebraicSurface.net (for mathematicians): Images of 45 topological types of cubic surfaces with only rational double points.
- www.AlgebraicSurface.net: Links to sites with images and films of algebraic surfaces.